18 Dec Verify your Facebook Page in 3 Steps
We’ve all seen the big blue tick on celebrities or major brands pages and wonder, how can we too get one?
We’ve got some good news. Small businesses out there can get themselves a tick of verification. There are some important requirements though:
- The business must be located in USA, Canada, UK or Australia
- The business MUST have a physical location. Business with just an online presence don’t qualify
- You must have a record of registration of the business and it’s location through either the national business registrar (for your applicable country) or a verified location on Google Business. Facebook checks this, so it’s not possible without it.
- Your phone number must be registered with that business and you must it use for phone verification from Facebook.
It’s not the bright, shiny blue one we’re used to, it’s a more shimmery shade of grey. However – the meaning is still exactly the same. It means your page is legitimate, it means your page is official and that your page will offer the fans exactly what it says.
The greatest part about this change is that it is super easy to get the tick! All you have to do is –
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- From General, click Page Verification
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue
Visit the Facebook help centre for the finer details.,
This new tick can give you a mighty bit of satisfaction, as well as your customers knowing that they’ve found the right page their looking for. Customers will be more willing to engage with you knowing you take this page seriously and verified pages will appear higher in search results.
What are you waiting for? Happy verifying!